Brian Love will serve as the new director of the Michigan Veterans Affairs Agency beginning October 31. He is replacing Adam Hollier who announced his resignation in order to run for Congress.
- Love currently works as the director of community engagement for The Education Trust–Midwest.
- Previously, he worked as public affairs and project management director for the Greater Detroit Area Health Council State Outreach and as the director of StudentsFirst Michigan.
- He is the Chair of the Michigan NAACP Veterans Affairs Committee and is a Whitmer appointee to the MI Veterans Trust Fund Board of Directors.
- Love served as a member of the United States Marine Corps and continues to serve as a sergeant-at-arms in the Montford Point Marine Corps League Detachment #158.
Michigan Veterans Affairs Agency:
- The Agency serves as the central coordinating agency, providing support, care, advocacy, and service to veterans and their families.
- It was created by executive order in 2013.
- The agency is housed within the Michigan Department of Military and Veterans Affairs.