Governor Gretchen Whitmer announced additional appointments to the bipartisan Growing Michigan Together Council. The Council was created by executive order to advise the governor on specific policies to grow the state’s population, look for ways to prepare the workforce for in-demand jobs and emerging industries, and develop long-term, sustainable transportation, and water infrastructure funding solutions.
New Council Appointees:
- Senator Darrin Camilleri will represent a Democratic member of the Michigan Senate.
- Representative Pauline Wendzel will represent a Republican member of the Michigan House of Representatives.
- Representative Alabas Farhat will represent a Democratic member of the Michigan House of Representatives and a voting member under the age of 25.
- Jaclyn Butler, the state demographer, will serve as a non-voting member.
- Ronald Fisher, an economics professor at Michigan State University, will serve as a non-voting member.