In April, Michigan’s unemployment rate declined to 3.8%, comparable to the lowest levels Michigan has seen only three times since the 1970’s.
- April’s labor force participation rate increased to the highest level in three years.
- The statewide labor force remains below the February 2020, pre-pandemic level.
- Employment rose by 30,000 during the month, while unemployment decreased by 14,000.
- The Detroit-Warren-Dearborn Metropolitan Statistical Area’s employment increased by 11,000 over the month, while unemployment declined by 7,000.
- The professional and business services sector exhibited the largest numerical employment gain over the month, rising by 3,000.