This week, Governor Gretchen Whitmer signed legislation providing supplemental funding in a number of areas statewide.
- Funds the new Department of Lifelong Education, Advancement, and Potential.
- Funding to provide debt relief to five school districts struggling with financial distress.
- Funding for projects at a number of community colleges and public universities.
- Invests hundreds of millions of dollars from the Federal Highway Administration to fix roads and bridges in the state.
- Funding to help Highland Park replace its nearly 120-year-old water system.
- Funds to help the Great Lakes Water Authority invest in water infrastructure projects in communities.