The Senate Finance, Insurance, and Consumer Protection Committee advanced legislation creating an independent Prescription Drug Affordability Board (PDAB).
- The board would have the authority to analyze, evaluate, and recommend strategies to mitigate the rising costs of prescription drugs in Michigan.
- The PDAB could establish upper payment limits on any prescription sold in the state.
- It would also make recommendations to the legislature, providing guidance in the development of legislation.
- Michigan would be the seventh state to create such a board.
- The three-bill package was referred to the Senate Committee of the Whole for further consideration.