Marlon Brown will serve as acting director of the Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA). He was appointed to the role by Governor Whitmer following the retirement of former director Orlene Hawks. Director Hawk’s last day is July 30.
- He currently serves as LARA’s chief administrative officer.
- In that role, he oversaw the central services of the department.
- Additionally, he developed and implemented strategic priorities, policies, and procedures for LARA.
- Prior to joining the department, Mr. Brown served in various positions within state government, including the Michigan Supreme Court, the Department of Transportation, and the State Budget Office.
- He earned a bachelor’s degree in political science from American University, a master’s degree in public administration from the University of Delaware, and a doctorate in public administration from Valdosta State University.