Governor Gretchen Whitmer signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Australian Minister for Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development, and Local Government to reaffirm commitment to collaboration in the auto industry, future mobility, and transportation.
- This is the second MOU signed between the two governments.
- In October 2018, the two jurisdictions’ signed one for a commitment to work on cutting-edge automobile and road technologies to enhance mobility.
The MOU includes:
- Sharing information on science, technology, regulations, and policies; co-hosting conferences, workshops, and meetings between Michigan and Australia, and other nations.
- Exchanging best practices in workforce development and skilled trades.
- Creating new initiatives to address the demands of developing technologies.
- The formation of a collaborative task team to offer guidance on bolstering Australian and Michigan technology clusters and linking important coordinating bodies.