A new talent attraction marketing campaign was launched nationally this week, with the goal of growing Michigan’s population and driving the state’s economic future forward.
- Named the “You Can in Michigan” campaign.
- According to the Michigan Economic Development Corporation, this will be the largest state talent attraction campaign and effort in the United States.
- The campaign will run in California, Georgia, Illinois, Massachusetts, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, Washington, and Washington D.C.
- The $20 million campaign showcases what makes life and careers in Michigan so attractive.
- It includes television commercials, radio spots, print placements, social channels, and a new website, themichiganlife.org.
- The new website will allow job seekers to calculate their cost of living and define and reach their career goals with the Michigan Career Portal, an AI-driven platform to help with career navigation, job/training/education guidance, and placement.
- The campaign will feature a number of communities including Detroit, Grand Rapids, Traverse City, and Houghton.