This week, Governor Whitmer’s office announced the executive budget recommendations will be presented to the legislature on Wednesday, February 7, at 11 a.m.
- The recommendations will contain proposed spending for the 2025 Fiscal Year, beginning on October 1, and the 2026 Fiscal Year.
- Items contained will include the proposed spending levels of what the administration, state departments, and agencies would like appropriated.
- It will also include proposed new programs and funding line items, some of which were presented in the State of the State address.
- This is just a starting point and negotiations will be ongoing between the interested parties.
- The presentation is the official start to the budget process. The House and Senate Appropriations Subcommittees will now begin to meet to work on the budgets within their purview.
MLC will post a full recap on our blog following the announcement.