Governor Gretchen Whitmer announced two appointments to the Michigan Liquor Control Commission (MLCC). The Commission is the sole wholesaler of all spirit products in the state. It’s responsible for the licensing of the manufacture and sale of all beer, wine, distilled spirits, and mixed drinks, as well as enforcing the state’s liquor laws and collecting taxes.
- Beltzer was reappointed to the commission, representing Independents.
- She was appointed chair for a term commencing June 13, 2023, and expiring June 12, 2027.
- She received her Bachelor of Arts in Public Relations and Communications from Michigan State University and her Master of Arts in Public Administration from Western Michigan University.
- Hopgood was appointed to the commission, representing Democrats, for a term commencing June 13, 2023, and expiring June 12, 2027.
- Most recently, he served in the Michigan Senate. Prior to that, he served three terms in the Michigan House of Representatives.
- He received his Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from the University of Michigan.
The appointments are subject to the advice and consent of the Senate.