The Michigan Public Service Commission (MPSC) is seeking public input on a draft request for proposals (RFP) for a renewable energy and electrification infrastructure enhancement and development grant program.
- PA 119 of 2023 requires the MPSC to develop a grant program for businesses, nonprofits, local governments, and tribal governments to fund planning, developing, designing, acquiring, or constructing renewable energy and electrification projects.
- $21.3 million was appropriated for the program.
- The grant program will prioritize funding for infrastructure or planning projects that meet one or more of the MI Health Climate Plan goals to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and transition toward economy-wide carbon neutrality.
- Interested stakeholders are asked to review the draft RFP and provide comments by Thursday, November 30, 2023 at 5 p.m.
- The MPSC aims to have the final RFP available to applicants by December 21, 2023, with a deadline submission of February 28, 2024.
- The anticipated grant start date is November 15, 2024.
For more information or to submit comments, please click here.