On July 25, from 11 a.m. – 12 p.m., the Department of Environment, Great Lakes, and Energy will hold the first webinar in a series on the MI Healthy Climate Plan and upcoming implementation opportunities.
MI Healthy Climate Plan:
- Lays out a pathway for the state to avert the worst impacts of climate change, create good-paying jobs, and build a healthier and more prosperous, equitable, and sustainable Michigan.
- The plan identifies strategic measures to deliver a carbon-neutral economy, reducing GHG emissions by 52% from 2005 baselines by 2030.
- Priority action areas include environmental justice, electrifying vehicles, increasing public transit, protect Michigan’s land and water.
The webinar series:
- Highlights opportunities to take action as well as actions taking place to implement the goals of the Plan.
- The target audience includes local and state government, nonprofits, community groups, universities, businesses, and anyone interested in taking climate action.
- A question and answer period will follow each presentation.
To register for the webinar, please click here.