Meghan Groen has been selected to head the state’s Medicaid program, covering physical and behavioral health and long-term care and aging programs.
- Groen has 20 years of experience in government, policy, and nonprofit administration.
- Most recently she served as senior advisor to the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) director.
- In addition to leading the Medicaid program, she will serve as senior deputy director of the DHHS Behavioral and Physical Health and Aging Services Administration.
- The leadership change was effective immediately.
Behavioral and Physical Health and Aging Services Administration:
- Created in March 2022
- The office, combined the Medicaid office, services for aging adults, and community-based services for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- The goal is to improve coordination of care and collaboration among stakeholders.