Michigan Lt. Governor Garlin Gilchrist was elected by his peers as chair-elect of the National Lieutenant Governors Association (NLGA). The bipartisan association supports lieutenant governors in all 50 states and U.S. territories. Currently, he serves as Midwest Chair of the NLGA Executive Committee.
Lt. Governor Gilchrist:
- 64th lieutenant governor of Michigan
- Was selected by the then-Democratic gubernatorial candidate, Gretchen Whitmer, in 2018 to be her running mate.
- Prior to serving in office, he worked for Microsoft, the Center for Community Change, MoveOn.org, and the City of Detroit.
- He earned a Bachelor of Science in Engineering from the University of Michigan.
- Throughout his tenure, he’s held several key roles in the administration, including chairing the Michigan Coronavirus Task Force on Racial Disparities, and the Michigan Joint Task Force on Jail and Pretrial Incarceration.