Governor Whitmer signed an executive order creating Michigan’s first commission tasked with addressing issues facing Michigan’s LGBTQ+ community.
- The commission will advise the governor and director of the Department of Labor and Economic Opportunity on policy matters.
- It will look at ways to improve and protect the health, safety, and well-being of the state’s LGBTQ+ community.
- Work to promote the culture, history, and economic contributions of the community.
- Look for ways to attract potential future residents from the community by ensuring Michigan is a safe place where its members and their families can thrive.
- Governor Whitmer will appoint individuals representing the interests of a diverse range of communities and perspectives.
To read the full executive order, please click here.