Five Things We’re Reading

Aug 7, 2023

by Liz Gullett

As MLC’s Communications and Social Media Manager, Liz Gullett keeps clients informed and up-to-date on the goings on in Lansing and the Capitol.

Below are some of the articles that the MLC lobby team has been reading this past week. We hope you find them as interesting and useful as we do.

Michigan Is Set to Better Track Native American Student Achievement – Michigan’s most recent budget includes a requirement to track data for all Native American students.

How Gretchen Whitmer Made Michigan A Democratic Stronghold – During her first term in office, the legislature flipped to Democratic control for the first time in 40 years. How did Governor Whitmer help this change?

When It Comes to Making EVs Sound Good from the Inside, Bose’s Rashaan Josey Is All Ears – EVs have different sounds to contend with, how is one audio giant helping to ensure their sound system is amazing?

What Smart Companies Know About Integrating AI – AI is about 10% of the secret, what accounts for the other 90% and how can companies best utilize it?

AI Won’t Replace Humans – But Humans With AI Will Replace Humans Without AI – Recently workers have feared they’d be replaced by AI but will that be the case?

Michigan Legislative Consultants is a bipartisan lobbying firm based in Lansing, Michigan. Our team of lobbyists and procurement specialists provide a wide range of services for some of the most respected companies in America. For more on MLC, visit www.mlcmi.com or connect with us on LinkedIn and Twitter.

Recent Posts

Last Week on the MLC Blog

Last Week on the MLC Blog

Over the past week, we covered these topics on the MLC Blog… The House Labor Committee heard testimony on the new federal rule regarding the classification of independent contractors. Governor Gretchen Whitmer announced a series of changes to members of her cabinet...

Hearing Held on Federal Labor Rule

Hearing Held on Federal Labor Rule

This week, the House Labor Committee heard testimony on the new federal rule regarding the classification of independent contractors. The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) published the final rule on January 10, 2024, and it will take effect nationwide on March 11, 2024....

Governor Announces Cabinet and Staff Changes

Governor Announces Cabinet and Staff Changes

Governor Gretchen Whitmer announced a series of changes to members of her cabinet and key staff. Marlon Brown, Director of the Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs After seven months of serving as acting director of LARA, effective immediately he will be the...

Looking for older articles?

We’ve recently made improvements to our blog to provide a better user experience. If you’re searching for older posts, click here to search our archive.

Michigan Legislative Consultants
110 W. Michigan Avenue
Suite 500
Lansing, MI 48933
517.372.2560
517.372.0130 fax

1001 Woodward Avenue
Suite 500
Detroit, MI 48226

MLC is proud to be the Michigan member of NASL