The Department of Labor and Economic Opportunity announced the availability of $60 million in Community Center Grant program funds.
- Funds may be used by municipalities and organizations to expand programming or work on capital projects.
- Capital project grants could be used for new construction, remodeling, purchasing land or equipment, installing renewable energy systems, among many other uses.
- Examples of community center programming grants includes mentoring, STEM education, renewable energy information, disaster preparedness, health services, etc.
- The Michigan Community Service Commission will oversee the program.
- Funding for the grants is from the federal American Rescue Plan Act.
- Proposals must be submitted by August 31, 2023, at 5 p.m.
- For more information, please click here.