Jessica Weare will serve as Michigan’s acting commissioner of the Lottery. She succeeds Commissioner Brian Neill, whose last day is July 30.
- Weare currently serves as deputy legal counsel to Governor Gretchen Whitmer.
- Prior to her current role, she was associate general counsel for Global Trade Compliance at Facebook (now Meta).
- Earlier in her legal career, she spent nearly a decade as an attorney-adviser in the Office of the Legal Adviser at the U.S. Department of State.
- After law school, Ms. Weare served as a judicial clerk to Justice Dana Fabe on the Alaska Supreme Court.
- Weare received her Bachelor of Arts from Alma College and her J.D. from Yale Law School.