Earlier this month, the House Democratic and Republican caucuses selected their leadership teams for the upcoming 2021-2022 legislative session. Leaders are critical to the process and are often the driving forces behind major policy in the state. The leadership teams will work closely with leadership in the Senate, and with Governor Whitmer and her team, to find compromises on both policy items and the state budget.
The two leaders are:
- Incoming Speaker of the House: Representative Jason Wentworth (R-Clare) – Representative Wentworth will be entering his third term in office in January. Prior to his election to the House, he worked for the Michigan Veterans Affairs Agency.
- Incoming House Democratic Leader: Representative Donna Lasinski (D-Scio Twp) – Representative Lasinski will be serving her third term in office starting in January. Prior to her election to the House, she owned a K-12 education company.
Additional members of the leadership teams include:
- Speaker Pro Tempore – Representative Pamela Hornberger (R-Chesterfield)
- Majority Floor Leader – Representative Ben Frederick (R-Owosso)
- Majority Whip – Representative Andrea Schroeder (R-Independence Twp)
- Caucus Chair – Representative Matt Hall (R-Emmett Twp)
- House Minority Floor Leader – Representative Yousef Rahbi (D-Ann Arbor)
Michigan Legislative Consultants is a bipartisan lobbying firm based in Lansing, Michigan. Our team of lobbyists and procurement specialists provide a wide range of services for some of the most respected companies in America. For more on MLC, visit www.mlcmi.com or connect with us on LinkedIn and Twitter.