Speaker of the House Lee Chatfield (R-Levering) announced several changes to the membership of committees this week. The changes stem from the resignation of former Representative Sheldon Neeley (D-Flint) who was elected Mayor of Flint and Speaker Pro Tem Jason Wentworth (R-Clare) who asked to step down from the Ways and Means Committee due to time constraints.
The changes are as follows:
- Representative Luke Meerman (R-Coopersville) will replace Speaker Pro Tem Wentworth on the Ways and Means Committee
- Representative Kyra Bolden (D-Southfield) will replace Representative Neeley on the Ways and Means Committee
- Representative Doug Wozniak (R-Shelby Township) will replace Representative Meerman on the Commerce and Tourism Committee
- Representative Diana Farrington (R-Utica) will replace Representative Meerman on the Families, Children, and Seniors Committee
- Representative Greg Markkanen (R-Hancock) will replace Representative Meerman on the Local Government and Municipal Finance Committee
- Representative Michele Hoitenga (R-Manton) will replace Representative Meerman on the Agriculture Committee
- Representative Mike Mueller (R-Linden) will replace Representative Meerman as vice chair of the Agriculture Committee
- Yousef Rabhi (D-Ann Arbor) will replace Representative Bolden on the Insurance Committee
Michigan Legislative Consultants is a bipartisan lobbying firm based in Lansing, Michigan. Our team of lobbyists and procurement specialists provide a wide range of services for some of the most respected companies in America. For more on MLC, visit www.mlcmi.com or connect with us on LinkedIn and Twitter.